Learn how to cascade strategy for effective execution. Running a business is like managing a football team, each day is like a new game. Are using poor reporting systems hiding inefficiency leading to high operating costs that are eating into your profits? You need an effective strategy execution discipline to get the team morale through the roof and win.
This is a practical class ideal for Directors, Board members, and Heads of departments. Stop worrying about excessive operations costs that seem to increase but you are blind to the key drivers.
There are three different venues
Kigali: US $2,500 per person, includes eats and refreshments. You must book 1 month in advance. Full-day training (9am – 4pm)
Kampala Serena Hotel: US $2,000, per person, full-day (9am-4pm) on the 27th August 2019.
Summit Consulting Boardroom: US $1000. Per person, full-day (9am-4pm) on the 27th August 2019.
Why Choose This Course?
You will learn about;
- Strategic thinking – the blue ocean thinking for strategy choices
- How to craft an organic strategy that speaks to the business NOT against it.
- How to formulate a strategic business model for competitive success that is sustainable and scalable.
- How to understand strategic restructuring to align focus areas to your key capabilities for effective cost management.
Next Start Dates
27th August 2019
- Strategic thinking – the blue ocean thinking for strategy choices linked to the Balanced scorecard for effective performance management
- How to craft an organic strategy that speaks to the business NOT against it. Stop using performance management tools for strategic planning. It is deadly!
- How to formulate a strategic business model for competitive success that is sustainable and scalable. How to stop playing like the rest of them all caught in the web of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) but lack a business model that optimizes it.
- How to understand strategic restructuring to align focus areas to your key capabilities for effective cost management. Never again complain about high costs in your operations!
What you will study?
Challenge Your Thinking
You’ll get an overview of the course, what to expect and what you need to get ready. I will share with you about why traditional strategic planning process – that starts with a vision, mission and goals – is not ideal in this era which experts call as VUCA – volatile, uncertainty, complex and ambiguous world.
What you will learn
- Learn the top 5 blind spots in the conventional planning process.
- Reset your strategic thinking from systems to platforms.
What Strategy is and is not?
Learn the key terms – strategy, analysis, choice and what makes a good strategy. Know what a business plan is, tactics, work plan, budget, financing plan, and execution plan.
What you will learn
- The difference between a good strategy and bad strategy
- How to define your strategy clearly
- An example of a good strategy.
- A case study of a company that has demonstrated a good strategy and continues to win with it
Strategy in Action
Understand what makes a good strategy overview. Know the five questions that must be answered to craft a winning strategy.
I will take you through the #WinningTheGame strategy approach and apply it to your industry.
Thereafter, you will learn the four (4) processes of strategic planning – the P.C.S. C model. Understand the perspectives, context, strategy, and change with respect to your unique organization.
What you will learn
- The strategic canvas – five questions that define strategy
- Understanding perspective – define the key change drivers in your industry and examine strategic imperatives to counter them.
- Complete the first strategic planning process – perspectives tool 1 with respect to your key competitor so that you know their competitive landscape.
- Understand what is strategic thinking
Sessions 4 – 8:
- Craft an organic
- Developing a winning strategy that is organic, a case study
- Using your organization (for an in-house training program) or an organization of choice by the class (for general training with students from diverse companies), you will learn a step by step process of crafting an organic strategy that delivers results.
- By strategy, we focus on what resources and capabilities to develop on one hand, and what growth opportunities to pursue on the other hand; amid dynamic and challenging times. The challenge of strategic thinking is tricky exercise and is one of the key differentiators between good leaders and great leaders.
- Good leaders mobilize and move their people. Great leaders move them in the right direction. In the right strategic growth area.
- As a manager or leader, #strategicFOCUS masterclass is your ticket to the top table. Where decisions about what to do and what not to do are made. This session will give you the skills you need to transform not only your organisation but your career.
What is In-Company Training?
“In-company training” is a high-impact form of training whereby we deliver The strategy execution practical class for middle and top management exclusively to your team, at your premises or a venue of your choosing. You gain date flexibility by choosing in-company training, meaning you can run the workshop during quieter business periods and minimize downtime.
As the program is focused on your business, this style of training is extremely effective for training an entire team inconsistent skills or addressing challenges that are relevant to your non-finance professionals.
Customized for Maximum Benefit to Your Business
Tailoring is a major benefit of in-company training. When delivering the training to a client, we can customize the course content to focus on goals and challenges that are relevant to the non-finance professionals attending. This optimizes the positive impact for each individual, and the business as a whole.
Click the links provided to register and select “In company”
There are three locations for the class:
|1||Kigali||US $2,500 per person, includes eats and refreshments. You must book 1 month in advance. Full-day training – 9am – 4pm|
|2||Kampala Serena Hotel||US $2,000, per person, full-day (9am-4pm) on the 27th August 2019|
|3||Summit Consulting Boardroom||US $1000. Per person, full-day (9am-4pm) on the 27th August 2019.|
The training shall be facilitated by Mustapha B Mugisa, Mr. Strategy. You are welcome to be part of the table and start seeing business from new perspectives. Stop playing in the red ocean. For example, a financial institution that is investing lots of money to enable on-line account opening, internet banking, mobile banking and account management is just playing in the red ocean without any difference. Why? In 2019, such improvements are mere catch up since every other bank is doing the same.
Strategic thinking would entail doing something space which makes the other banks irrelevant! So, automating without strategic thinking is just a copy and paste. It is not a strategy.
You might think you know. Come and share your experiences with like minds. You will transform your thinking — the starting point of growth.